News: Bon Iver announces remix contest: ‘Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project’
We are pleased to introduce the first official Bon Iver remixes via the Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project – a call-to-arms remix contest for fans.
Bon Iver will release the stems, the individual audio tracks that are combined and layered to make a completed album. The stems from all ten songs on ‘Bon Iver, Bon Iver’ will be available for download.
Each of the album’s ten songs will have its own contest, and the resulting remixes will be up for public voting through the music-based, social networking site Indaba Music. Bon Iver, with public voting results in hand, will decide the final winners. Those ten remixes will then be assembled as a complete album and released elusively on music-streaming site Spotify for the world to hear.
Members and friends of the band have created their own remixes in promotion of Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project. Listen to the first offering by Bon Iver band member and Jagjaguwar recording artist S. Carey here.
Through Indaba Music and Spotify, everyone will have their shot at leaving their mark on any one of ‘Bon Iver, Bon Iver’s songs. Each song’s stems have been carefully documented and given inspirational place-names, and some songs even include previously unreleased parts that were cut from the album’s final mix.
How to participate in Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project:
1. Visit the Bon Iver, Bon Iver Stems Project remix page at Indaba Music.
2. Create a free Indaba Music membership.
3. Select a song(s) and download the stems.
4. Remixers will have until Wednesday 29th August to complete their remixes and upload them for consideration.
5. Voting begins on Thursday 30th August through Bon Iver, Spotify, and Indaba Music’s websites and social networks via Facebook (one vote per account).
6. Winners will be announced the around the third week of September, each earning a spot for their remix on the official Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project remix album on Spotify and a $1,000 cash prize.
‘Bon Iver’ is out now on Jagjaguwar through Inertia.